Everybody’s starting point in kitchen design can be slightly different. We work with whatever stage you are at and in the way you’re most comfortable. However, there are some common steps that help us to get to the best results most efficiently.
This is the starting point in most kitchen design processes. It’s the meeting when we come to your place and gather the most basic information on what you want in your kitchen. This design and consultation service is COMPLETELY FREE.
Some of the things we want to know during this meeting are:
- How much do you want to spend on the kitchen renovation? It’s ok if you don’t know; we help by asking questions that help us estimate.
- Style and function of your home. How you use the spaces in your home? WHere the family living is, etc.
- Likes and dislikes. At this early stage, we establish some basic preferences. Eg. do you like white? Or are you seeking something traditional?
- Current usage. What’s missing in the current kitchen? Why the change? What are the gaps the new kitchen needs to fill?
- Have you already purchased appliances? Do you plan to re-use any old appliances?
- Measurements are taken at this stage.
Edward and his team typically request to be left ‘alone’ in the existing kitchen for design inspiration. A time is set up to meet in the showroom within a week of this home consultation.
Showroom visit & concept presentationIn this next step of the process we present the concept of your kitchen based on the floor plan of your house and the discussions in our first meeting. A sketch before the full design is presented, this concept gives you a visual outlay of your new kitchen.
We recommend meeting in the showroom for this presentation so the team can showcase the materials and colours that will go into building your dream kitchen.
By visiting the showroom:
- You get to see the quality of our work
- You get to meet our whole team
- You get to see current fittings and finishes, different benchtops, splashbacks and cabinetry options.
Design finalisationAt the stage of the concept design presentation if you’re ready to proceed with the suggested design and estimated cost, a contract is signed and deposit taken.
In less than a fortnight from signing, we present you with a 3D proper scale design of your chosen kitchen.
Delivery and installationAfter the contract signing, our team gets busy with the building of your kitchen to spec in our factory. We install the kitchen for you.
With us you’re not committed to using our team of tradespeople. You can choose to work with anyone; we will support them as needed to ensure that from design to inception, the process is seamless. We do undertake site preparation from time to time.
It’s that easyOnce the installation is completed, our team is on hand to ensure you’re happy with your kitchen. Payments for tradespeople is managed at your end. Payment for the kitchen is made to us in installations and any delays could affect the project timeline.
Our kitchens come with a guarantee as per the products you choose; most have a 10-year guarantee on them. We stand behind our craftsmanship and quality with a lifetime of support.